Friday, January 23, 2009

Feeling so tired lately

Is it the weather? It has not rained since the beginning of the year, which is VERY unusual for Singapore.

Singapore had moved out of the Intertropical Convergence Zone which is usually responsible for our wet and stormy equatorial weather.



The clear, colourful sunrises and sunsets these days look like those I had seen in Australia.



The flora has been drying out. The ground is littered with leaves that crackle when you step on them.

I'm just feeling too tired, and too physically lazy to ride on my new wheels.



Mavic Aksiums, bought from Chain Reaction Cycles online at a good discount. I'm making good use of the weak UK pound.



Hammer-hardened 'eyelets', which replace traditional eyelets. Still, way better than having neither to prevent spokes pulling out of the rim.



Sealed bearing hubs. Bladed spokes.



Warning: Made in China. Thanks for the heads-up, Mavic.



Matches my silver groupset and white/black frame better than my old wheels did.

I don't really know how well they perform, only having rode them just once in nasty cross- and headwinds. Not a good way to judge a wheelset's performance.

I can't wait for Chinese New Year break, to escape the tension and hustle of school just for a little while.

No comments: