Saturday, November 3, 2007

Comfortably Numb

Been sleeping, like 10h a day on average lately after the controlled caffeine crash.

i.e. my self-devised protocol of 2/3 the previous day's coffee, except when I get headaches I top up the 1/3 and try again the next day.

Eyebags disappearing!

I've been forcing myself to study harder, it's either that or my downfall. The group I'm in makes no attempt to avoid making me feel stupid and lazy. It's sorta crazy, developing an obsession and compulsion for revision. (That last line would prolly make a great hip-hop lyrical hook.) But hey, almost all my classmates are more OCD'd about it. Rumour has it that someone in my class kneels when he studies so that he won't fall asleep on his books despite being exhausted.

So if you see me online less, and blogging less (beyond the typical blogging lull that comes with school weeks) it means I've been grinding at the textbooks and all.

I'm still peeved at the fact that I'm retarded at flying the remote-controlled plane on the FMS simulator. I just can't level the wings gently enough or to flare the landing at the right time! And it incenses me that kids at the age of 17 can fly a REAL LIVE ACTION turboprop plane in Youth Flying Club, and I can't even master a simulator.

Music wise, I'm getting totally hooked on Timbaland. He pwns all of RnB combined. Check out his latest single Apologize and his older stuff such as the Nelly Furtado and Timberlake collaboration Give It To Me. Oh did I mention? He produced Justin Timberlake's SexyBack and My Love, though they sorta sounded too processed for me. Anyhow, those 2 are quite respectable songs for an ex-boyband guy.

Timberlake, Timbaland, say them 10 times fast.

I never imagined myself starting to like RnB. Timbaland - along with Kanye West and Outkast - is as good as RnB gets.

Screw you, Akon, Usher and Black Eyed Peas!

2 comments:

Pkchukiss said...

Everybody is good at something, and bad at something. Me, I'm absolutely bad at art. You know, my art teacher didn't call me a terrorist for nothing...

KC said...

im worse at art! hate it!

it all started when i was chided in kindergarten for shading a setting sun with a dark red crayon

=(