Thursday, December 13, 2007

Powered by Chlorpheniramine



Chlorpheniramine is a first-generation antihistamine, which is used for various conditions including allergy, runny nose and itch. It has significant sedative effects, which means that you'll prolly feel drowsy and sleepy after a dose. The little yellow pills it comes in is more commonly known by its brand name Piriton, and is a mainstay in the cheap symptomatic relief of common colds.

It is also known to have mild serotoninergic effect, i.e. it acts like an antidepressant. While it is not used clinically for depression and mental illness, it had paved its way to the development of clinically effective selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors such as Prozac and Zoloft.

Even if it doesn't fix my nose, at least it will help my sleep and possibly my mood? Been using a load of antihistamines lately and it seems to have got my sneezing and eyebags a bit better.

==

The weather is lifting but the mood isn't. Woke up with a blocked nose, and the whole bloody day was going to revolve around that.

Blowing out pus-streaked mucous is not very pretty I tell thee. Toughing it out is quite scary, and not very sensible either. I predict a bad day.

School was pretty demoralising. Printed and photocopied some stuff. Cashcard expired (WTH what's the point of disabling cards once they reach 5 years old? A waste of plastic I daresay.), went to refund it at the ATM so now I need a new one. Lunched alone. Some Chinaman took my table, some senile old fool spilled coffee on my shirt. It's depressing. Problems, disasters, agony. Bad times are doubly hard when I'm all alone. Gah.

I think the best times of the day are spent on comfortable, well air-conditioned Volvo double decker buses. There's very little better than plonking my plump ass down on a plush seat and taking a good quiet nap or playing Call of Duty 4 on my DS (retarded playing a modern FPS on a 192x256 pixel screen, I know).



==



It's 10pm and I'm groggy from being sickish and from the chlorpheniramine. Just woke up from a nap and groggy. Beats feeling down I guess.

And the nation's ministers are at it again, raising their wages to unprecedented numbers. Sometimes I wonder, where do we draw the line and call it corruption?

No comments: