Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy Birthday, me



Well, when you're stuck with your parents doing Chinese New Year visiting, AND you're seeing the same relatives over and over, friction is bound to happen. Wear something for long enough, and chafing is an inevitable phenomenon.

Prolly one of the worst birthdays I daresay. Friends may have been great. Every time a friend remembers, it reaffirms my existence and my identity, and I get this warm fuzzy feeling in my heart. Thanks dudes.



But family friction is bad, and transcends it all. Knowing that my parents - the very people who brought me up - can be so obnoxious and idiotic at times is a painful experience.

Sigh. You know, I'm supposed to feel filial and grateful and all that stereotypical Asian 'values', but I really don't. Try as I may.



Electric Six may have rather mediocre music but their videos are good stuff.

No comments: