Thursday, May 29, 2008

Lonely nights in my room make me muse

Too few people on Earth truly love music. How many people really feels it when Robert Smith croons over the lovely bassline and twinkling keyboards?

Most people just listen and go, oh, that's The Cure's Just Like Heaven, it's a nice song, and justifiably so, because it indeed is an excellent song. But how many can let the music permeate their souls?

There are times I wonder if I hear something others don't. How can one hear such a classic and not be fazed by the melodic depth? It's almost like staring down at the skyline from a very tall vantage and being absolutely lost within all that city bustle, unable to peel your eyes off that intricate concrete patchwork.

It's music, with its infinite depth.

==

It's just 1 more day of school before the 3 week break. And Melbourne trip. I think I'm gonna miss the human interaction of school. Classmates. Posting-mates. The teachers. Especially just bitching to random juniors about random things with barely knowing their names.

I'm sorry I told so many people about it. About all I know is, I sort of miss everybody I told about. Even old Stradlater and Ackley, for instance. I think I even miss that goddam Maurice. It's funny. Don't ever tell anybody anything. If you do, you start missing everybody. - says Caulfield in J. D. Salinger's Catcher In The Rye

No comments: